Friday, September 23, 2005

L.A. Story and the World Stunt Awards PART 1


Now as my first post on this I give old news just to catch us all up. As a voting member of the Taurus World Stunt Awards (The Oscars for Stunts), I was sent two tix to the Awards in L.A. My first thought was "hey that would be fun to go some day" then coming to my senses I decided to go. With the crazy schedules of my friends and I no one could commit to a trip even if it was only the week end. Finally I convinced Mike, another stunt guy, to go and my Friend Maja who was more difficult to convince being that she was just coming back from New York and would have to leave again. I told here there are rollercoasters there and she was in.Maja Likes Rollercosters. We arrived in L.A. on a Friday after noon. I was sick as a dog. Not even 24 hours earlier Mike had taken me to the hospital to treat a nasty Flu and bad dehydration. The doctor said the flu was caused by bacteria in the costume I had been wearing on set the night before, and the combination of a hard days work and the flu is what dehydrated me. Two I.V. bags I was sent home. I packed sick didn't sleep much and had to get up at 4am to pick up friends and catch a 7am flight. We got to the air port to discover that the flight had been delayed till 9am because the flight crews hotel had caught fire the night before and they, as the nice ticket lady said,"were still in there skivys on the side of the road. The flight left on time (as delayed earlier) and we made it to L.A. We got our rental car and proceeded to Cascadic California to stay with our Buddy Shaw, another stunty, who was offended with the phone call I gave him a few days earlier informing him of our tip to L.A. The trip didn't offend him but the hotel we had booked did. He insisted we stay with him. What a nice guy. So we had Shawn's address which was all we needed with the navigation system provided with the rental car. In a robotic voice in rush hour traffic the voice told us every turn we needed to make which was great. Not so great was the voice, I'm sure to reassure us that we were on the right path told us not to take any other possible exit or street around. That night we ate at the elephant Bar. .
So a sick boy sleeps. The next day we had considered going next door to shawns to Magic Mountain but slept in. Plans change so off to Santa Monica it is.



Then Maja Got Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Kidding!!!!!!!
Later we met up with Cody a buddy who was also down from Van for the awards. He was staying with a friend and was in the area so we all went shopping. Out of all the stores along the three blocks of the 5th street promenade we only bought stuff from one. It was a very out of place country western store I ended up with cow boy boots, they have square toes, very trendy. Maja Bought a leather jacket and Mike bought a nice belt. Mike also nearly bought and quick draw holster and some replica six shooter to go with it but decided the flight home might become a prob, so he didn't. They loved us in there so much they were ignoring other possible customers to help us. I guess no one really buys anything there. Leaving there I got one more purchase. Jeans from the Gap because cowboy and skater shorts don't go and I wanted to wear the boots to Medieval Times.
If you ever have a chance go to Medieval Times. It was so great. I have been whoring on Medieval films since April or May too so that helped my enthusiasm. Also its great to see 1000 people all excited to be wearing paper crowns.
Please notice the Boots and jeans as described above.

Check out The Jacket also purchased earlier





look at the splinters of the Jousting stick after the collision


So I enjoyed it so much I have to steel the cool plate.

After the show we returned to Shawn's for sleep tomorrow much fun will be had!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home