Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Thursday the 27th of October. We prep the set for the stunt show that will begin the next evening.
I had been working on the video game when I get off work to discover a message from Jim the stunt coordinater of the Stunt show. The message basicly said that at 3 pm CBC was going to be filming part of the show for the news and I would be needed as I was invollved with the scene chosen to be shot for said news cast. I was absolutly dead tired and so so sore but still I had to do my part. It was now just 3 and I was only 5 min away. So I show up to see whats happening. i hope Im too late. "I hurt OK!" No such luck. the news crew isnt even there yet so I get in my costume and try and warm my aching muscles that are getting stiffer by the minute after 8 hours off explosive movement. The muscles dont like me but soon do as I say. the camera crew sets up and they want to see the fight all the way through. The fight begins and I wait off stage for my enterence. The child stunt performer defeats 9 people in all in this fight and Im #5. My enterance as plan and rehearsed is a running front flip. Today the news crew sees a running front 3/4. (Thats a flip that dosn't make it do the feet but the back) I get up quike like a bunny and attack. the rest goes more or less as planed and everyone is happy. The CBC crew wants a second angle. This now meens we have to go again. SH*T! My lags are so sore but look on the bright side I get a second chance. I would soon lean that a second chance can also be another opportunity to fail as I crash on my butt yet again. " He's never missed that trick before" says Jim to the new anchor. The news person is just to overloaded with it all to notice my little crash and asks "What crash" Jim replies "OH nothing" covering my butt that I most recently landed on for the second time in so many minutes. That all done, the crew happy, we get to work marking the set with tape for safety. The performers may have troulbe seeing in the dark so we put down tape and glow tape to mark edges and things like that.


While we do this the crew interviews Jim and his daughter Ally who will be performing in the show.

After the work is done I make sure to take a minute to look over the now almost totaly decorated set.



Once again off to relax and sleep. Tomorrow more motion capture and the stunt show from 6pm till 10pm
Stay tooned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home