Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Head Shaveing

I set my clock for 4 am (that sucks) because Im working on a bug feture call Pathfinder thats filming in Squamish about an hour away. Its about Vikings and Indians and Im going to be doubling a character named Jester. Jester is bold so I get there and they shave my head at 5:30 in the morning. Let me tell you a cup of coffee may get you on your feet in the morn but there is nothing like a good head shavin let me tell you. Then off to costumes were it take over an hour to dress like an indian.



24 diferent little layers and accesories. Then streight to set Im first up. Im working with Ashley who is a good friend but its the first time we have ever had the chance to work together. The scene. The two indians are running from vikings chacing them and set a trap for a hourse. They hide in a hole in the ground covered by a trapdoor made of spikes. As the rider rides over them the lift the door to speir the hourse and send the rider to his death. The movie magic? The Hourse.... three hundred plus pounds of rubber puppet. The spikes fome. 50 feet of track holding the hourse and making him move. The hourse sits in a hydralic catapult and the rider is on a cable to be yanked off at the point of colision. The trap door will be automaticly trigered when the houres reaches the end of the track and everything goes at once. Ash and I are in the hole with all this comin at us. I just have to look like i am opening the trap door. The first take the hourse comes the door opens and before we can do anything we are under the hourse. We only saw dark light dark again. they reset and continue until everything comes together and a great violent moment in cinema is created without harming an animal. It looks so real though, I saw the monitors Im sure they will get some letter when the movie comes out. Just another day at the office..... I LOVE THE OFFICE!!!!! hehehehehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home